University of Antelope Valley
44055 N. Sierra Hwy.•Lancaster, CA 93534 • (661) 726-1911 •www.UAV.edu
Candidate for Graduation,
The University of Antelope Valley faculty, staff and commencement committee are looking forward to this upcoming opportunity to celebrate the completion of your education. With congratulations that are forthcoming, we would like to prepare you for the ceremony that is in honor of your educational and career achievement. These ceremonies will be a time for your friends, family, and loved ones to acknowledge your achievement, and a time for you to acknowledge their sacrifices as you worked to reach this milestone in your life.
The commencement ceremony will be January 30, 2015, at 11:00 am. Graduates participating in the ceremony must complete an application. Registration applications for the ceremony will be available on Commencement Registration Day, November 13, 2014, 1:00-3:00 pm. Applications will not be accepted after November 21. Students who have not completed their program requirements may still be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony provided the following conditions have been met:
1. Degree Students have no more than 3 courses remaining in their academic program.
2. Certificate Students must have all courses and extern completed by January 31, 2015.
3. Students must be in good academic standing.
4. Students may not have any pending disciplinary actions.
5. Financial obligations to the university must be in good standing.
6. Students who complete their program and externship after January 1st will not be eligible to wear Honor or Perfect Attendance Cord(s) in the ceremony and their name will not be printed in the honor’s section of the program.
What to Expect
The Commencement Registration will be held on November 13, 2014, in room 119 located on the Sierra Campus. During registration, graduating students will complete a commencement application and sizing for their cap and gown.
As a graduate, you will receive your cap and gown, diploma cover, and a commencement photo.
Additional information will be given to you at the registration on Nov. 13, 2014.
This is an exciting time and we look forward to seeing you participate in this well-deserved ceremony in honor of your achievements. Please email us at [email protected]
with any questions or concerns.
UAV Graduation Committee