CULINARY ARTS AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT
Credential Earned: Certificate
36 week Program Day session: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–1:00pm
36 week Program Evening session: Monday-Friday, 6:00pm-10:00pm
Courses are 4 weeks in length. Students complete 1 course at a time. Internship/Externship hours vary.
A certificate in culinary arts and restaurant management opens doors to careers in food service. Students study food preparation, menu planning, and safety in modern classrooms and kitchens.
Graduates are prepared for entry level employment as prep cooks, cooks, sous chefs, restaurant managers or chef.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Collaborate effectively in groups or teams.
- Correctly calculate conversions and measurements used in cooking.
- Demonstrate safe and sanitary methods for preparing food.
- Determine the cost of food.
- Prepare stocks and soups, fish, meat, poultry, vegetables and desserts.
- Demonstrate leadership ability while completing externship/internship.