Credential Earned: Certificate
38 week program
Day session: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–1:00pm.
Courses are 43 weeks in length. Students complete one course at a time. Externship hours vary.
Massage therapy is accepted as a legitimate treatment in the healthcare field. Not only have chiropractors become more reliant on massage therapists, but salons, medical offices and resorts are also requesting their services. Our students will be trained in a variety of massage therapy techniques including Swedish and Deep Tissue.
Graduates are prepared for entry level positions as massage therapists who can obtain employment in spas, medical offices, or establish their own practice.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Identify human anatomy and physiology.
- Conduct client consultations and assessments utilizing appropriate communication skills
- Perform Swedish massage techniques
- Perform Deep Tissue massage techniques
- Perform Athletic/Sports massage techniques
- Perform Chair massage techniques
- Develop a business plan.