Credential Earned: Certificate
37 week program.
Day session: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–1:00pm.
Evening session: Monday-Friday, 6:00-10:00pm.
Courses are 6.5 weeks in length. Students complete 1 course at a time. Externship hours vary.
Medical Billing specialists ensure that patient records are accurate and that charges are properly submitted. The program introduces topics such as HIPAA, billing procedures, and claim processing.
Graduates are prepared for entry level positions such as billing clerks and claims processors.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Complete explanation of benefits (EOB) forms.
- Select appropriate ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Describe HIPAA regulations.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Demonstrate computer literacy using medical management software.