Credential Earned: Certificate
33 week program
Day session: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–1:00pm
Evening session: Monday-Friday, 6:00-10:00pm.
Externship hours vary.
Medical Assistants are the critical link between the physician and nursing staff and the patient. In the Medical Assistant program, students receive instruction in the areas of anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, front office applications, and clinical procedures. Graduates are prepared for entry level positions in the healthcare field as medical assistants in physician offices, long term care centers, or hospitals.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Utilize appropriate medical terminology
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication
- Correctly obtain and record patient vital signs
- Effectively perform venipuncture
- Effectively perform electrocardiograms
- Demonstrate proficiency with medical charting
- Appropriately manage medical records
- Utilize computers, office and telecommunication equipment effectively
- Identify commonly prescribed medications
- Assist with patient examinations and procedures