Transfer of Credit
University of Antelope Valley accepts academic credits earned from accredited/approved academic institutions when the course content is deemed equivalent. Students requesting the transfer of credit must submit official sealed transcripts to the university prior to the scheduled start date of their courses. Transcripts submitted become the property of the university and will not be returned to the student. Official transcripts must be printed within one year of the student’s scheduled start date. Unofficial transcripts will not be evaluated. Students who submit transcripts after their scheduled start date may not have their transfer credits applied to their program and may be scheduled for all courses needed to complete their program. Credits will be considered for transfer if ALL of the following criteria are met:
- Official college transcripts are submitted for evaluation.
- The course(s) must be equivalent in content and credit.
- A grade of C or better was earned.
- Core courses must have been completed within 2 years of enrolment at UAV. All other courses must have been completed within 10 years of enrollment at UAV. General Education courses that is included as part of a completed degree is not subject to the 2 and 10-year policy.
Applicant applying for higher learning must submit an academic official transcript which provides proof of the credential earned:
- Completed associate degree or bachelor degree.