Credential Earned: Bachelor Degree (degree completer program)
144 week program (72 Week for Completer Program)
Day session: Monday–Thursday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
Evening session: Monday-Thursday, 6:00pm-10:00pm.
Core courses are 4 weeks in length. Students complete 1 course at a time.
General Education course are 16 weeks in length. Students complete 5 general education courses concurrently. General Education schedules vary. The length of the program may be longer than 72 weeks if the student transfers in an Associate Degree that is in a field outside of Criminal Justice.
This program provides a broad review of the Criminal Justice system as well as a basic awareness of social and behavior sciences. The upper level courses include focused study of the criminal justice system including principles of investigation, forensic specialties and homeland security.
Graduates are prepared for entry level employment or career advancement in such professions as law enforcement, corrections, immigration, security services and similar types of employment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Collaborate effectively in groups or teams.
- Effectively write reports required in law enforcement and corrections.
- Demonstrate procedures used by peace officers.
- Correctly enforce rules of evidence.
- Conduct research.
- Communicate appropriately for public safety officials.
- Demonstrate leadership.
- Utilize ethical means when interacting with others.