Credential Earned: Academic Associate Degree
75 week program
Monday – Thursday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Core courses are 4 weeks in length. Students complete 1 course at a time. General Education courses are 16 weeks in length. General Education course and externship schedules vary.
A degree in paralegal studies offers broad evaluation of topics such as legal research, litigation and trial practice, domestic relations, criminal law, contracts, bankruptcy, and immigration to name a few. Students learn specifics of legal analysis, included statutory analysis, case law, case application, and counter analysis. Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public except as permitted by law.
Graduates are prepared for entry level employment as a paralegal or law clerk.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Correctly complete forms used in the legal profession.
- Conduct legal research.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients and legal professionals.
- Compare and contrast aspects of criminal law and civil litigation.
- Demonstrate administration techniques used in law office management.
- Effectively utilize computers and legal software.
- Perform skills appropriately during an externship experience.