Credential Earned: Academic Associate Degree
76 week program
Monday– Thursday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
Core courses are 4 weeks in length. Students complete 1 course at a time. General Education courses are 16 weeks in length. Students complete 5 General Education courses in a semester. General Education course schedules vary.
The Health and Fitness Specialist program prepares students for career in the booming wellness industry. Students learn fundamental skills related to human anatomy and physiology, exercise science and techniques, and how to conduct client consultations, evaluations, and program designs.
Graduates are prepared for entry level employment as fitness instructors, exercise testing technicians, and fitness trainers
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Identify human anatomy and physiology.
- Conduct client consultations utilizing appropriate communication skills.
- Proficiently conduct fitness testing.
- Implement correct exercise parameters for maximum client benefit.
- Create custom fitness plans for individuals.
- Perform calculations required in the health and fitness industry.
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment used in the health and fitness industry.