Credential Earned: Certificate
11 week program
Days: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–1:00pm
Evenings: Monday-Friday, 5:00pm–9:00pm
Ride-along hours vary
This program provides training and skills in emergency pre-hospital care treatments. Students learn basic life support measures, patient assessment, cardiac arrest skills, shock prevention, spinal immobilization, oxygen therapy and vehicular extrication. Students successfully completing this program are eligible to take the State, Los Angeles County or the National Registry certification examination. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the campus to receive a tour and to discuss personal educational and occupational plans with school personnel prior to enrolling or signing enrollment agreements. Graduates are prepared for entry level positions in the healthcare field as an EMT, or patient care tech.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful program completion graduates will be able to:
- Collaborate effectively in groups or teams.
- Use medical terminology appropriately.
- Effectively communicate patient needs to other healthcare professionals.
- Perform assessment and evaluation on medical and trauma patients in a pre-hospital setting.
- Correctly administer treatments and therapies within the scope of practice for an EMT.
Please contact Admissions for schedules and dates