Financial Aid

Financial Aid Services

Prior to enrolling at UAV, all applicants are encouraged to explore the availability of financial aid funding through state and federal agencies. Financial aid information and application assistance is provided by the university's Financial Aid Office to help each student and their families clearly understand their financial situation before entering.

University of Antelope Valley is approved for the following loans and grants:


  • William D. Ford Direct Subsidized Loan
  • William D. Ford Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  • William D. Ford Direct Parent Loan (PLUS)


  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Supplementary Grant (FSEOG) (subject to availability of funds and financial need)
  • Federal Work Study (FWS)(subject to availability of funds and financial need)

Other Agencies or Programs:

  • Veterans Administration Benefits
  • Department of Rehabilitation Services
  • WIA (Workforce Investment Act) I-Train
  • Sallie Mae Career Training Loans
  • In House Financing

Students who receive loans to pay for their course of instruction must realize that it is their responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan, plus interest, less the amount of any refund. Defaulting on loans guaranteed or reinsured by the state or federal government could result in damage to credit ratings, loss of eligibility for future student loans and other forms of financial aid, loss of deferment and monthly payment options, withholding of state and federal income tax refunds, initiation of court action, and garnishment of wages.

Additional information on eligibility requirements, alternate financing, amounts available, interest rates, scholarships, and repayment schedules is available from the Financial Aid Office.

Student Tuition Recovery Fund

The Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) was established by the California Legislature to protect any California resident who attends a private postsecondary institution from losing money they prepaid for tuition and suffering a financial loss as a result of the university closing, failing to live up to its enrollment agreement, or refusing to pay a court judgment.

To be eligible for STRF, you must be a California resident and reside in California at the time the enrollment agreement is signed. Students who are temporarily residing in California for the sole purpose of pursuing an education, specifically those who hold student visas, are not considered California residents.

To qualify for STRF reimbursement you must file a STRF application within one year of receiving notice from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education that the university is closed. If you do not receive notice from the Bureau, you have four years from the date of closure to file an STRF application. If a judgment is obtained, you must file a STRF application within two years of the final judgment.

It is important that you keep copies of the enrollment agreement, financial aid papers, receipts, or any other information that documents money paid to the university. Questions regarding the STRF may be directed to:

The Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education
1625 N. Market Blvd. Suite S 202
Sacramento, CA 95834



Federal Student Aid
Federal Student Aid
Federal Student Aid FAFSA
Federal Student Aid
CA Student Aid Commision
Federal Student Aid
US Department of Veteran Affairs

Free scholarship search:
Big Future:

Administration - Financial Aid StaffAll Staff